At Tropos, we are hiring a data engineer with 4-8 years of hands-on experience in designing data-driven solutions.
You’ll contribute to modern analytics projects that make a difference for our customers.
You’ll be working with tools, practices and standards coming from the global innovators and apply them to the early adopters and early majority in Belgium. Because of our ways of working, we only use current technologies such as Snowflake and Amazon Web Services (AWS) to help our clients drive more value out of their data. You’ll get early access to private previews and roadmaps with our technology partners.
Your success will enable local and global organisations to make a meaningful impact. And you’ll have a great team of skilled colleagues to back you up along the way.
As a data engineer you will work for a client with whom we have a good partnership. There will be close alignment between yourself and the client. Your work will have a direct impact on the business.
You will get the opportunity to work with modern technology and use our internal library of building blocks and practices.
You’ll work in a team together with a solutions architect, product owner and fellow data- and analytics engineers .
Within your team you will:
Translate business requirements into solutions using the Agile methodology;
- Conduct technical analysis for new data pipelines and data transformations with a high focus on maintainability;
Propose the product designs in collaboration with the project architect;
Build and operate data pipelines to load, transform and manage data from multiple sources into usable data products for the customer;
Share knowledge and coach team members to ensure the solution is fully maintainable by the team and customer;
Communicate with customers and colleagues during project meetings, stand-ups and workshops;
Deploy, maintain and evolve our own in-house libraries to help speed up new projects;
You as a person
- You’ve got an entrepreneurial attitude, a no-nonsense mentality , keep high quality standards and think customer first;
- You take pride in owning and contributing to problem solving;
- You’re passionate to work with best-of-breed technology;
- You like to keep solutions simple and focused;
- You have a customer-first mindset;
- You speak English and Dutch fluently, French is a plus;
- You’re able to work autonomous and take ownership;
- You’ve shown proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment;
You’ve got excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills;
Bachelor or Master Degree in the field of Informatics, Business Economics, Civil Engineering or Information Management;
- Able to design and apply relevant data modeling techniques (Kimball, Super-Sub Type, Anchor, Data Vault, … );
- Able to express data transformations using SQL;
An understanding of Git and know how to use one of the major workflows (e.g. Gitflow);.
- Hands-on experience with Linux ;
- Experienced in working within an Agile delivery model;
- Experience expressing data transformations using Python;
- Experience with Public Cloud concepts ( AWS, GCP or Azure);
- Able to design and develop containerized applications (ECS, Kubernetes, ..);
- Experience developing CI/CD scripts (Jenkins, Codebuild, ..);
- Experience using the Test Driven Development methodology;
- Experience using the Snowflake data platform;
- Experience configuring and developing Apache Airflow scripts;