Cloud Solutions Architect
At Tropos, we are hiring a cloud solutions architect with 2-4 years of hands-on experience in designing data-driven solutions using public cloud.
Do you love to design data applications and do you love public cloud as much as we do? Does structuring data products and data platforms in a logical way make your day? And does blending technology design, architecture and business analytics come natural to you?
You’ll be working with the same tools, practices and standards as well-known global innovators and apply them to the early adopters and early majority in Belgium. For example, we only use current technologies such as Snowflake and AWS to ensure clients drive more value out of their data.
Your success will enable local and global organisations to make a meaningful impact. And you’ll have a great team of skilled colleagues to back you up along the way.
As a cloud platform architect you will work for one or more clients with whom we have a good partnership. There will be close alignment between yourself and the client. Your work will have a direct impact on the business. You will get the opportunity to work with modern tooling and use our internal library of building blocks and practices. This will be in close collaboration with your colleagues.
You’ll be a coach and guide to your team, a mentor to your clients and a contributor to our growth.
With your team,
- You’ll translate business requirements into technical solutions. You will get the opportunity to define and extend the solution scope depending on your background and interests.
- You’ll work alongside your product owner to design & deliver fit-for-business data products.
- You’ll communicate with customers and colleagues during project meetings, stand-ups and workshops.
- You’ll implement our solution canvas to help your team deliver value.
- You’ve got excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
You as a person
- You’ve got an entrepreneurial attitude, a no-nonsense mentality and keep high quality standards
- You take pride in owning and contributing to problem solving
- You’re passionate to work with best-of-breed technology
- You like to keep solutions simple and focused
- You have a customer-first mindset
- You speak English and Dutch fluently, French is a plus.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- You’ve got advanced knowledge of (cloud) platform architecture, infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD workflows.
- You’ve got advanced knowledge of at least one major public cloud platform (Azure, AWS or GCP).
- You’ve got a good knowledge of using containers to build & deploy scalable data products.
- You're knowledgeable of data lakes, data structures and data warehousing patterns.
- You’re experienced in DevOps methodologies like CI/CD, IAC, automated testing.
- You’re experienced with Unix/Linux environments.
- You’re experienced in clearly documenting as-is / to-be / as-built states.
- You’re experienced using scripting and/or automation languages like Python, Terraform, bash, ..
- You’ve got affinity with open source software and open to SAAS.
Your AWS, Azure or GCP certifications are a plus;