At Tropos, we are hiring an analytics engineer with 4-8 years of hands-on experience in Business Intelligence development.
You’ll be working with the same tools, practices and standards as well-known global innovators and apply them to the early adopters and early majority in Belgium. For example, we only use current technologies such as Snowflake and AWS to ensure clients drive more value out of their data.
Do you love to design data applications and do you love public cloud as much as we do? Does structuring data products and data platforms in a logical way make your day? And does blending technology design, architecture and business analytics come natural to you?
If so, get in touch and we’ll contact you for an interview and a cup of coffee.
As an analytics engineer you will work for a client with whom we have a good partnership. There will be close alignment between yourself and the client. Your work will have a direct impact on the business. You will get the opportunity to work with modern technology and use our internal library of building blocks and practices.
Within your team you will:
- Perform data analysis and generate insights
- Engineer data transformation pipelines using state-of-the-art technologies.
- Distribute business insights via visualisations and dashboards
- Actively participate to knowledge building and sharing;
- Be a mentor to your colleagues and a coach to your clients;
You as a person
- You’ve got an entrepreneurial attitude, a no-nonsense mentality and keep high quality standards;
- You take pride in owning and contributing to problem solving;
- You’re passionate to work with best-of-breed technology;
- You like to keep solutions simple and focused;
- You have a customer-first mindset;
- You speak English and Dutch fluently, French is a plus;
- You’ve got excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills;
Master Degree in the field of Informatics, Business Economics, Civil Engineering or Information Management
4 to 8 years of experience in consulting or service-oriented environments
- Tangible experience in understanding business processes and translating them into conceptual models.
- Tangible experience designing ETL processes in either traditional tools (SSIS, Powercenter, Datastage, ..) or modern technologies (Apache Spark, CubeFlow, Matillion, Apache Beam, ...).
- Understanding of modeling techniques such as Kimball, Super-Sub Type, Anchor, Data Vault
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Experience with DevOps concepts is a plus.
- Experience in business analytics frontend tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Quicksight, Looker or similar technologies is a plus